- L.J. Radonovich, B.S. Bender. Children Should Be Among the Highest Priority Groups to Receive Immunization for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza. Biosecurity and Bioterrorism: Biodefense Strategy, Practice, and Science, 5 (2007), No. 4, 363-366. [CrossRef]
- K.M. Neuzil, Y. Zhu, M.R. Griffin, K.M. Edwards, J.M. Thompson, S.J. Tollefson, P.F. Writght. Burden of interpandemic influenza in children younger than 5 years: A 25-year prospective study. J. Infect. Dis., 185 (2002), No. 2, 147–152. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- I.M. Longini, A. Nizam, S.F. Xu, K. Ungchusak, W. Hanshaoworakul, D.A.T. Cummings, M.E. Halloran. Containing pandemic influenza at the source. Science, 309 (2005), 1083–1087. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- N.M. Ferguson, D.A.T. Cummings, S. Cauchemez, C. Fraser, S. Riley, A. Meeyai, S. Iamsirithaworn, D.S. Burke. Strategies for containing an emerging influenza pandemic in Southeast Asia. Nature, 437 (2005), No. 7056, 209–214. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- T.C. Germann, K. Kadau, I.M. Longini, C.A. Macken. Mitigation strategies for pandemic influenza in the United States. Proc Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 103 (2006), No. 15, 5935–5940. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- N.M. Ferguson, D.A.T. Cummings, C. Fraser, J.C. Cajka, P.C. Cooley, D.S. Burke. Strategies for mitigating an influenza pandemic. Nature, 442 (2006), No. 7101, 448–452. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.E. Halloran, N.M. Ferguson, S. Eubank, I.M. Longini, D.A.T. Cummings, B. Lewis, S.F. Xu, C. Fraser, A. Vullikanti, T.C. Germann, D. Wagner, R. Beckman, K. Kadau, C. Barrett, C.A. Macken, D.S. Burke, P.C. Cooley. Modeling targeted layered containment of an influenza pandemic in the United States. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 105 (2008), No. 12, 4639–4644. [CrossRef]
- L. Ancel Meyers, M.E. Newman, M. Martin, S. Schrag. Applying network theory to epidemics: control measures for Mycoplasma pneumoniae outbreaks. Emerg. Infect. Dis., 9 (2003), No. 2, 204–210. [PubMed]
- S. Bansal, B.T. Grenfell, L.A. Meyers. When individual behaviour matters: homogeneous and network models in epidemiology. JR. Soc. Interface, 4 (2007) No. 16, 879–891. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J.R. Hotchkiss, D.G. Strike, D.A. Simonson, A.F. Broccard, P.S. Crooke. An agent-based and spatially explicit model of pathogen dissemination in the intensive care unit. Crit. Care. Med., 33 (2005), No. 1, 168–176. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- W.G. Wilson. Resolving discrepancies between deterministic population models and individual-based simulations. Am. Nat., 151 (1998), No. 2, 116-134. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.E. Halloran, F.G. Hayden, Y. Yang, I.M. Longini, A.S. Monto. Antiviral effects on influenza viral transmission and pathogenicity: observations from household-based trials. Am. J. Epidemiol., 165 (2007), No. 2, 212–221. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- F.G. Hayden, R.L. Atmar, M. Schilling, C. Johnson, D. Poretz, D. Paar, L. Huson, P. Ward, R.G. Mills. Use of the selective oral neuraminidase inhibitor oseltamivir to prevent influenza. N. Engl. J. Med., 341 (1999), No. 18, 1336–1343. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- F.G. Hayden, J.J. Treanor, R.S. Fritz, M. Lobo, R.F. Miller, N. Kinnersley, R.G. Mills, P. Ward, S.E. Straus. Use of the oral neuraminidase inhibitor oseltamivir in experimental human influenza: randomized controlled trials for prevention and treatment. J. Am. Med. Assoc., 282 (1999), No. 13, 1240–1246. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- D. Weycker, J. Edelsbeg, M.E. Halloran, I.M. Longini, A. Nizam, V. Ciuyla, G. Oster. Population-wide benefits of routine vaccination of children against influenza. Vaccine, 23 (2005), No. 10, 1284–1293. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.M. Wagner, L.S. Gresham, V. Dato. Case. Detection, Outbreak Detection and Outbreak Characterization. M.M. Wagner, A.W. Moore and R.M. Aryel(Eds) In Handbook of Biosurveillance, Elsevier, Burlington, 2006, 27–51.
- J. Stein, J. Louie, S. Flanders, J. Maselli, J. Hacker, W.L. Drew, R. Gonzales. Performance characteristics of clinical diagnosis, a clinical decision rule, and a rapid influenza test in the detection of influenza infection in a community sample of adults. Ann. Emerg. Med., 46 (2005), 412-419. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J.R. Hotchkiss, P. Holley, P.S. Crooke. Analyzing Pathogen Transmission in the Dialysis Unit: Time for a (Schedule) Change? Clin. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol., 2 (2007), No. 6, 1176–1185. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- I.M. Longini, M.E. Halloran, A. Nizam, M. Wolff, P.M. Mendelman, P.E. Fast, R.B. Belshe. Estimation of the efficacy of live, attenuated influenza vaccine from a two-year, multi-center vaccine trial: implications for influenza epidemic control. Vaccine, 18 (2000), No. 18, 1902–1909. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- H. Markel, H.B. Lipman, J.A. Navarro, J.A. Navarro, A. Sloan, J. Michalsen, A.M. Stern, M.S. Cetron. Nonpharmaceutical interventions implemented by US cities during the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic. J. Am. Med. Assoc., 298 (2007), No. 6, 644–654. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Math. Model. Nat. Phenom.
Volume 5, Number 3, 2010Mathematical modeling in the medical sciences
|Page(s)||3 - 14|
|Published online||28 April 2010|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.