Math. Model. Nat. Phenom.
Volume 7, Number 2, 2012Solitary waves
|Page(s)||113 - 130|
|Published online||29 February 2012|
- M.J. Ablowitz, H. Segur. Solitons and the Inverse Scattering Transform. SIAM, Philadelphia, 1981.
- J. Apel, L.A. Ostrovsky, Y.A. Stepanyants, J.F. Lynch. Internal solitons in the ocean and their effect on underwater sound, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 121 (2007), No. 2, 695–722. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Yu. Berezin. Modelling Nonlinear Wave Processes. VNU Science Press, 1987.
- M. Dehghan, F. Fakhar-Izadi. The spectral collocation method with three different bases for solving a nonlinear partial differential equation arising in modeling of nonlinear waves, Math. Comp. Modelling, 53 (2011), 1865–1877. [CrossRef]
- V.M. Galkin, Yu.A. Stepanyants. On the existence of stationary solitary waves in a rotating fluid, J. Appl. Maths. Mechs., 55 (1991), No. 6, 939–943 (English translation of the Russian journal “Prikladnaya Matematika i Mekhanika”). [CrossRef]
- O.A. Gilman, R. Grimshaw, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Approximate analytical and numerical solutions of the stationary Ostrovsky equation, Stud. Appl. Math., 95 (1995), No. 1, 115–126. [MathSciNet]
- O.A. Gilman, R. Grimshaw, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Dynamics of internal solitary waves in a rotating fluid, Dynamics. Atmos. and Oceans, 23 (1996), No. 1–4, 403–411. [CrossRef]
- R. Grimshaw, J.-M. He, L.A. Ostrovsky. Terminal damping of a solitary wave due to radiation in rotational systems, Stud. Appl. Math., 101 (1998), 197–210. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Grimshaw, L.A. Ostrovsky, V.I. Shrira, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Long nonlinear surface and internal gravity waves in a rotating ocean, Surveys in Geophys., 19 (1998), 289–338. [CrossRef]
- R. Grimshaw, K. Helfrich. Long-time solutions of the Ostrovsky equation, Stud. Appl. Math., 121 (2008), No. 1, 71–88. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- P. Holloway, E. Pelinovsky, T. Talipova. A generalised Korteweg-de Vries model of internal tide transformation in the coastal zone, J. Geophys. Res. 104 (1999), No. 18, 333–350. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- A.I. Leonov. The effect of the Earth’s rotation on the propagation of weak nonlinear surface and internal long oceanic waves, Ann. New York Acad. Sci., 373 (1981), 150–159. [CrossRef]
- M.A. Obregon, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Oblique magneto-acoustic solitons in rotating plasma, Phys. Lett. A, 249, (1998), No. 4, 315–323.
- L.A. Ostrovsky. Nonlinear internal waves in a rotating ocean, Oceanology, 18 (1978), 119–125. (English translation of the Russian journal “Okeanologiya”).
- L.A. Ostrovsky, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Nonlinear surface and internal waves in rotating fluids. In : “Nonlinear Waves 3”, Proc. 1989 Gorky School on Nonlinear Waves, (1990), 106–128. Eds. A.V. Gaponov-Grekhov, M.I. Rabinovich and J. Engelbrecht, Springer-Verlag, Berlin–Heidelberg.
- L.A. Ostrovsky, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Internal solitons in laboratory experiments : Comparison with theoretical models, Chaos, 15, (2005) 037111, 28 p.
- D.E. Pelinovsky, Yu.A. Stepanyants. Convergence of Petviashvili’s iteration method for numerical approximation of stationary solutions of nonlinear wave equations, SIAM J. Numerical Analysis, 42, (2004), 1110–1127. [CrossRef]
- V.I. Petviashvili, O.V. Pokhotelov. Solitary Waves in Plasmas and in the Atmosphere. Gordon and Breach, Philadelphia, 1992.
- Yu.A. Stepanyants. On stationary solutions of the reduced Ostrovsky equation : Periodic waves, compactons and compound solitons, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 28, (2006), 193–204. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Yu.A. Stepanyants, I.K. Ten, H. Tomita. Lump solutions of 2D generalised Gardner equation. In : “Nonlinear Science and Complexity”, Proc. of the Conference, Beijing, China, 7–12 August 2006, 264–271. Eds. A.C.J. Luo, L. Dai and H.R. Hamidzadeh, World Scientific, 2006.
- V.O. Vakhnenko. High-frequency soliton-like waves in a relaxing medium, J. Math. Phys., 40, (1999), 2011–2020. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G.B. Whitham. Linear and Nonlinear Waves. John Wiley & Sons, 1974.
- T. Yaguchi, T. Matsuo, M. Sugihara. Conservative numerical schemes for the Ostrovsky equation, J. Comp. Appl. Maths., 234, (2010), 1036–1048. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.