Math. Model. Nat. Phenom.
Volume 5, Number 2, 2010Mathematics and neuroscience
|Page(s)||125 - 145|
|Published online||10 March 2010|
- S.M. Baer, T. ErneuxJ. Rinzel. The slow passage through a Hopf bifurcation: Delay, memory effects and resonance. SIAM J. Appl. Math., 49 (1989), 55–71. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. L. Beilock, T. H.Carr. On the fragility of skilled performance: What governs choking under pressure? J. Exper. Psych.: Gen., 130 (2001), 701–725. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- S. L. Beilock, C. A. Culp, L. E. HoltT. H. Carr. More on the fragility of performance: Choking under pressure in mathematical problem solving. J. Exp. Psych., 133 (2004), No. 4, 584–600.
- W. BialekM. De Weese. Random switching and optimal processing in the perception of ambiguous signals. Phys. Rev. Lett., 74 (1995), 3077–3079. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- R. Bogacz, E. Brown, J. Moehlis, P. Holmes, J. D. Cohen. The physics of optimal decision making: A formal analysis of models of performance in two–alternative forced–choice tasks. Psych. Rev. (2006), 700–765. [CrossRef]
- A. Borsellino, A. DeMarco, A. Allazetta, S. RinseiB. Bartolini. Reversal time distribution in the perception of visual ambiguous stimuli. Kybernetik, 10 (1972), 139–144. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- K. L. Briggman, H. D. I. AbarbanelW. B. Kristan Jr. Optical imaging of neuronal populations during decision–making. Science 307 (2005), 896–901. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- E. Brown, J. Gao, P. Holmes, R. Bogacz, M. GilzenratJ. D. Cohen. Simple neural networks that optimize decisions. Int. J. Bifurc. Chaos, 15 (2005), No. 3, 803–826. [CrossRef]
- J. L. CabreraJ. G. Milton. On–off intermittency in a human balancing task. Phys. Rev. Lett., 89 (2002), 158702
- P. J. Choi, L. Cai, K. FiedaX. S. Xie. A stochastic single–molecule event triggers phenotype switching of a bacterial cell. Science, 322 (2008), No. 5900, 442–446. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- B. Coe, K. Tomihara, M. MatsuzawaO. Hikosaka. Visual and anticipatory bias in three cortical eye fields of the monkey during an adaptive decision–making task. J. Neurosci., 22 (2002), 5081–5090. [PubMed]
- K. J. ColeD. L. Rotella. Old age impairs the use of arbitrary visual cues for predicitive control of fingertip forces during grip. Exp. Brain Res. 143 (2002), 35–41. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- G. Deco, M. Pérez–Sanagustin, V. de LafuenteR. Romo. Perceptual detection as a dynamical bistability phenomenon: A neurocomputational correlate of sensation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 104 (2007), 20073–20077. [CrossRef]
- B. Ermentrout. Simulating, Analyzing, and Animating Dynamical Systems: A guide to XPPAUT for researchers and students. SIAM, Philadelphia, 2002.
- C. W. EurichJ. G. Milton. Noise–induced transitions in human postural sway. Phys. Rev. E, 54 (1996), 6681–6684. [CrossRef]
- M. Fairweather. Skill learning principles: implications for coaching practice. In: N. Cross, J. Lyle, eds, The Coaching Process: Principles and Practice for Sport. Butterworth Heinemann, New York, 1999, pp. 113–129.
- P. M. Fitts, M. I. Posner. Human performance. Brooks/Cole, Belmont, CA, 1967.
- J. Foss, A. Longtin, B. MensourJ. G. Milton. Multistability and delayed recurrent loops. Phys. Rev. Lett., 76 (1996), 708–711. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. Foss, F. MossJ. Milton. Noise, multistability, and delayed recurrent loops. Phys. Rev. E, 55 (1997), 4536–4543. [CrossRef]
- W. J. FreemanW. S. Schneider. Changes in spatial patterns of rabbit olfactory EEG with conditioning to odors. Psychophysiology, 19 (1982), 44–56. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- P. W. Glimcher, C. F. Camerer, E. Fehr, R. A. Poldrack, eds. Neuroeconomics: Decision–making and the Brain. Academic Press, New York, 2009.
- J. Gotman. Measurement of small time differences between EEG channels: method and application to epileptic seizure propagation. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol., 79 (1983), 403–412.
- C. Grotta–Ragazzo, K. PakdamanC. P. Malta. Metastability for delayed differential equations. Phys. Rev. E., 60 (1999), 6230–6233. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B. D. Hatfield, A. J. Haufler, T.–M. HungT. W. Spalding. Electroencephalographic studies of skilled psychomotor performance. J. Clin. Neurophysiol., 21 (2004), 144-156. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- B. D. Hatfield, C. H. Hillman. The psychophysiology of sport: a mechanistic understanding of the psychology of superior performance. In: Handbook of Sport Psychology (R. N. Singer, H. A. Hausenblas, C. M. Janelle, eds). Wiley & Sons, New York, 2001, pp. 362–386.
- M. JeannerodJ. Decety. Mental motor imagery: a window into the representational stages of action. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol., 5 (1995), 727–732. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. N. KimM. N. Shadlen Neural correlates of a decision in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of the macaque. Nature Neuroscience, 2 (1999), 176–185. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- V. B. Kolmanovskii, V. R. Nosov, V. R. Stability of Functional Differential Equations. Academic Press, London, 1986.
- P. Kruse, M. Stadler, eds. Ambiguity in Mind and Nature: Multistable cognitive phenomena. Springer, New York, 1995.
- D. S. LevineP. S. Prueitt. Modeling some effects of frontal lobe damage – novelty and preservation. Neural Net. 2 (1989), 103–116. [CrossRef]
- J. Losson, M. C. Mackeyand A. Longtin Solution multistability in first order nonlinear delay differential equations. Chaos 3 (1993), 167–176. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- M. E. Mazurek, J. D. Roitman, J. DitterichM. N. Shadlen. A role for neural integrators in perceptual decision making. Cereb. Cortex, 13 (2003), 1257–1269. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- R. Miller. What is the contribution of axonal conduction delay to temporal structure in brain dynamics?. In: Oscillatory Event–related Brain Dynamics (C. Pantev, ed). Plenum Press: New York, 1994, pp. 53–57.
- B. Milner. Some effects of frontal lobectomy in man. In: The frontal granular cortex and behavior (J. Warren, K. Akert, eds). McGraw–Hill: New York, 1964, pp. 313–334.
- J. Milton, ed. Focus Issue on Bipedal Locomotion: From robots to humans. Chaos, 19 (2009).
- J. G. Milton, J. L. CabreraT. Ohira. Unstable dynamical systems: Delays, noise and control. EPL, 83 (2008), 48001 [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet]
- J. G. Milton, S. S. Small, A. Solodkin. On the road to automatic: Dynamic aspects in the development of expertise. J. Clin. Neurophysiol., 21 (2004), no. 3, 134–143. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. Milton, A. Solodkin, P. HlustikS. L. Small. The mind of expert motor performance is cool and focused. NeuroImage, 35 (2007), 804–813. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. Milton, S. L. SmallA. Solodkin. Imaging motor imagery: Methodological issues related to expertise. Methods, 45 (2008), 336–341. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- K. OishiT. Maeshima. Autonomic nervous system activities during motor imagery in elite athletes. J. Clin. Neurophysiol., 21 (2004), 170–179. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- K. Pakdaman, C. Grotta–RagazzoC. P. Malta. Transient regime duration in continuous–time neural networks with delay. Phys. Rev. E, 58 (1998), 3623–3627. [CrossRef]
- K. Pakdaman, C. Grotta–Ragazzo, C. P. Malta, O. ArinoJ.–F. Vibert. Effect of delay on the boundary of the basin of attraction in a system of two neurons. Neural Networks, 11 (1998), 509–519. [CrossRef]
- M. RianiE. Simonotto. Stochastic resonance in the perceptual interpretation of ambiguous figures: A neural network approach. Phys. Rev. Lett., 72 (1994), 3120–3123. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. RinzelS. M. Baer. Threshold for repetitive activity for a slow stimulus ramp: A memory effect and its dependence on fluctuations. Biophys. J., 54 (1988), 551–555. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- A.G. Sanfey, J. K. Rilling, J. A. Aronson, L. E. NystromJ. D. Cohen. The neural basis of economic decision–making in the ultimatum game. Science, 300 (2003), 1755–1758. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J. D. Schall. Neural basis of deciding, choosing, and acting. Nat. Neurosci. 2 (2001), 33–42.
- B. Seymour, N. Daw, P. Dayan, T. SomgerR. Dolan. Differential encoding of losses and gains in the human straitum. J. Neurosci., 27 (2007), 4826–4831. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M. N. ShadlenW. T. Newsome. Neural basis of a perceptual decision in the parietal cortex (area LIP) of the rhesus monkey. J. Neurophysiol., 86 (2001), 1916–1936. [PubMed]
- G. Stépán. Retarded Dynamical Systems: Stability and Characteristic Functions. Longman Group, Essex, 1989.
- G. StépánT. Insperger. Stability of time–periodic and delayed systems - a route to act–and–wait control. Annu. Rev. Control, 30 (2006), 159–168. [CrossRef]
- P. Takác. Domains of attraction of generic omega–limit sets for strongly monotone semi–flows. Zeitschrift fur Analysis und ihre Answendungen, 10 (1991), 275–317.
- A. ThielscherL. Pessoa. Neural correlates of perceptual choice and decision making during fear–disgust discrimination. J. Neurosci., 27 (2007), 2908–2917. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M. UsherJ. L.McClelland. The time course of perceptual choice: The leaky, competing accumulator model. Psychol. Rev., 108 (2001), 550–592. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- X.–J. Wang. Probabilistic decisions making by slow reverberation in cortical circuits. Neuron, 36 (2002), 955–968. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- D. Westen, P. S. Blagov, K. Harenski, C. KiltsS. Hamann. Neural bases of motivated reasoning: An fMRI study of emotional constraints on partisan political judgement in the 2004 U. S. presidential election. J. Cog. Neuroscience, 18 (2006), No. 11, 1947–1958. [CrossRef]
- K.–F. WongX.–J. Wang. A recurrent network mechanism of time integration in perceptual decisions. J. Neurosci., 26 (2006), 1314–1328. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.