Math. Model. Nat. Phenom.
Volume 16, 2021
Control of instabilities and patterns in extended systems
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Published online||04 June 2021|
- G. Ahlers, P.C. Hohenberg and M. Lücke, Thermal convection under external modulation of the driving force. II. Experiments. Phys. Rev. A 32 (1985) 3519–3534. [Google Scholar]
- G. Ahlers, P.C. Hohenberg and M. Lücke, Thermal convection under external modulation of the driving force. I. The Lorenz model. Phys. Rev. A 32 (1985) 3493–3518. [Google Scholar]
- W. Barten, M. Lücke, W. Hort and M. Kamps, Fully developed traveling-wave convection in binary fluid mixtures. Phys. Rev. Lett. 63 (1992) 376–379. [Google Scholar]
- A. Buka and L. Kramer, Pattern Formation in Liquid Crystals. Springer, New York (1995). [Google Scholar]
- M.C. Cross and P.C. Hohenberg, Pattern formation outside of equilibrium. Rev. Mod. Phys. 65 (1979) 851–1112. [Google Scholar]
- G.Z. Gershuni and E.M. Zhukhovitsky, Convective Stability of Incompressible Fluids. Keter, Jerusalem (1976). [Google Scholar]
- P.M. Gresho and R.L. Sani, The effects of gravity modulation on the stability of a heated fluid layer. J. Fluid Mech. 40 (1970) 783–806. [Google Scholar]
- J.C. Lacroix, P. Atten and E.J. Hopfinger, Electroconvection in a dielectric liquid layer subjected to unipolar injection. J. Fluid Mech. 69 (1975) 539–563. [Google Scholar]
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifschitz, Vol. 6 of Course of Theoretical Physics. Pergamon, Oxford, Reading, MA (1993). [Google Scholar]
- T.F. Li, X.R. He, K. Luo and H.L. Yi, Oscillatory flows of electro-thermo-convection in eccentric annulus. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 134 (2019) 920–932. [Google Scholar]
- A.N. Mordvinov and B.L. Smorodin, Electroconvection under injection from cathode and heating from above. J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 114 (2012) 870–877. [Google Scholar]
- A. Nepomnyashchy and I. Symanovskii, Generation of nonlinear Marangoni waves in a two-layer film by heating modulation. J. Fluid Mech. 771 (2015) 159–192. [Google Scholar]
- A. Nepomnyashchy, I. Symanovskii, A. Viviani and F. Dubois, The action of temporal modulation of an interfacial heat consumption on nonlinear Marangoni waves in the presence of gravity. Eur. J. Mech. B 84 (2020) 51–62. [Google Scholar]
- F. Pontiga and A. Castellanos, Physical mechanisms of instability in a liquid layer subjected to an electric field and a thermal gradient. Phys. Fluids 6 (1994) 1684–1701. [Google Scholar]
- I.I. Ryzhkov, A.S. Vyatkin and M.I. Medvedeva, Modelling of electrochemically switchable ion transport in nanoporous membranes with conductive surface. J. Siberian Federal Univ. Math. Phys. 12 (2019) 579–589. [Google Scholar]
- M.I. Shliomis, B.L. Smorodin and S. Kamiyama, The onset of thermomagnetic convection in stratified ferrofluids. Philos. Mag. 83 (2003) 2139–2153. [Google Scholar]
- B.L. Smorodin and M. Lücke, Convection in binary fluid mixtures with modulated heating. Phys. Rev. E 79 (2009) 026315. [Google Scholar]
- A.V. Taraut and B.L. Smorodin, Electroconvection in the presence of steady unipolar injection and residual conductivity. J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 115 (2012) 361–369. [Google Scholar]
- Ph. Traore, A.T. Perez, D. Koulova and H.J. Romat, Numerical modelling of finite-amplitude electro-thermo-convection in a dielectric liquid layer subjected to both unipolar injection and temperature gradient. J. Fluid Mech. 658 (2010) 279–293. [Google Scholar]
- G. Venezian, Effect of modulation on the onset of thermal convection. J. Fluid Mech. 35 (1969) 243–254. [Google Scholar]
- A.N. Vereshchaga and E.L. Tarunin, in Numerical and Experimental Simulation of Hydrodynamic Phenomena under Weightlessness, edited by V.A. Briskman (Ural Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Union, Sverdlovsk, 1988), p. 93 [in Russian]. [Google Scholar]
- C.S. Yin and C.H. Li, Instability of unsteady flows or configurations. Part 2. Convective instability. J. Fluid Mech. 54 (1972) 143–152. [Google Scholar]
- A.I. Zhakin, Near-electrode and transient processes in liquid dielectrics. Phys.–Usp. 49 (2006) 275–295. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.