Math. Model. Nat. Phenom.
Volume 6, Number 7, 2011Mathematical modeling in biomedical applications
|Page(s)||55 - 69|
|Published online||15 June 2011|
- World health report 2004 statistical annex [Electronic resource]: Annex Table 2: Deaths by cause, sex and mortality stratum in regions, estimates for 2002. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/whr/2004/annex/en/index.html.
- M. Anand, K. Rajagopal, K.R. Rajagopal A model incorporating some of the mechanical and biochemical factors underlying clot formation and dissolution in flowing blood. J. Theor. Med. 5 (2003), 183–218. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- F.I. Ataullakhanov, G.T. Guriia, A.Iu. Safroshkina Spatial aspects of the dynamics of blood coagulation. II. Phenomenological model. Biofizika, 39 (1994) 97–104 (in Russian). [PubMed]
- F.I. Ataullakhanov, V.I. Zarnitsina, et al. Spatio-temporal dynamics of blood coagulation and pattern formation. A theoretical approach. Int. J. Bifurc. Chaos, 12 (2002), No. 9, 1985–2002. [CrossRef]
- F.I. Ataullakhanov, G.T. Guriia. Spatial aspects of the dynamics of blood coagulation. I. Hypothesis Biofizika, 39 (1994), 89–96 (in Russian). [PubMed]
- F.I. Ataullakhanov, R.I. Volkova, et al. Spatial aspects of blood coagulation dynamics. III. Growth of clots in vitro. Biofizika, 40 (1995) 1320–1328 (in Russian). [PubMed]
- B. Blomback, K. Carlsson, et al. Fibrin in human plasma: gel architectures governed by rate and nature of fibrinogen activation. Thromb Res., 75 (1994), No. 5, 521–538. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.E. Carr Jr., C.L. Hardin. Fibrin has larger pores when formed in the presence of erythrocytes Amer. J. Physiol., 253 (1987), No. 2, 1069–1073.
- M.E. Carr Jr, J. Hermans. Size and density of fibrin fibers from turbidity. Macromolecules, 11 (1978), No. 1, 46–50. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- C.E. Dempfle, P.N. Knoebl. Blood coagulation and inflammation in critical illness the importance of the protein C pathway. UNI-MED, Bremen, 2008.
- S.L. Diamond. Engineering design of optimal strategies for blood clot dissolution. Ann. Rev. Biomed. Engrg, 1 (1999) 427–461. [CrossRef]
- M. Doi, S.F. Edwards. Theory of polymer dynamics. Acad. Press, New York, 1986.
- E.A. Ermakova, M.A. Panteleev, E.E. Shnol. Blood coagulation and propagation of autowaves in flow. Pathophysiol. Haemost. Thromb., 34 (2005), No. 2-3, 135–142. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- P.-G. de Gennes. Scaling concepts in polymer physics. Cornell, London, 1979.
- R.R. Hantgan, J. Hermans. Assembly of fibrin. A light scattering study. J. Biol. Chem., 254 (1979) No. 22, 11272-11281. [PubMed]
- R. Kita, A. Takahashi, et al. Formation of fibrin gel in fibrinogen-thrombin system: static and dynamic light scattering study. Biomacromolecules, 3 (2002), No. 5, 1013–1020. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- R. Marchi, M. Meyer, et al. Biophysical characterization of fibrinogen Caracas I with an Aalpha-chain truncation at Aalpha-466 Ser: identification of the mutation and biophysical characterization of properties of clots from plasma and purified fibrinogen Blood Coagul. Fibrinolys., 15 (2004), No. 4, 285–293. [CrossRef]
- G. Marx. Simulating fibrin clotting time. Med. Biol. Engrg. Comput., 44 (2006), 79–85. [CrossRef]
- Medved’ L, Ugarova T, et al. Electron microscope investigation of the early stages of fibrin assembly. Twisted protofibrils and fibers J. Mol. Biol., 216 (1990), No. 3, 503–509. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.W. Mosesson, J.P. DiOrio, et al. Evidence for a second type of fibril branch point in fibrin polymer networks, the trimolecular junction Blood, 82 (1993), No. 5, 1517–1521. [PubMed]
- M.W. Mosesson. Fibrinogen and fibrin structure and functions. J. Thromb. Haemost., 3 (2005), No. 8, 1894–1904. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- M.A. Panteleev, M.V. Ovanesov, et al. Spatial propagation and localization of blood coagulation are regulated by intrinsic and protein C pathways, respectively. Biophys. J. 90 (2006), No. 5, 1489–1500. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- G.G. Tsipkin. Flows with phase transitions in porous media. Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2009 (in Russian).
- J.W. Weisel. Fibrinogen and fibrin. Adv. Protein Chem., 70 (2005), 247–299. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- J.W. Weisel, C. Nagaswami, L. Makowski. Twisting of fibrin fibers limits their radial growth. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 84 (1987), No. 24, 8991–8995.
- D.M. Zubairov. Molecular basis of clotting and thrombus formation. Fen Press, Kazan, 2000 (in Russian).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.